- the treatment of fleas (Ctenocephalides spp.) on cats. Larval flea stages are killed in the surroundings of Advocate treated pets.
- Reduces the incidence of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
- the prevention of heartworm (Dirofilaria immitis) in cats.
For the treatment and control of:
- roundworms (Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina) kills larval (L4), immature and adult worms.
- hookworms (Ancylostoma tubaeforme, Ancylostoma braziliense (this hookworm is usually restricted to tropical areas in Australia), Uncinaria stenocephala), kills larval (L4), immature and adult worms of all species.
- ear mites (Otodectes cynotis).
- lungworms (Aelurostrongylus abstrusus) and for the treatment of:
- feline mange mites (Notoedres cati).
- lungworm (Eucoleus aerophilus) adults in cats.