Dymax Bio Glass rings are made of non-toxic, inert material that promotes biological filtration and will not break down in the filter, alter pH levels or affect water hardness. This product is made from extremely high porous natural silicate for maximum surface area to permit large colonies of beneficial bacteria. Their highly porous hollow design effectively distributes the flow of water and allows massive colonies of beneficial bacteria growth and settle inside each ring while the outer larger surface creates an environment for biological bacteria to remove ammonia and nitrite in aquarium water. This biological filter media is an ideal product for any filtration system and suitable for freshwater, saltwater and even ponds.
- Made from natural silicate at a high temperature. Its stable chemical characteristics accord with primitive living environment of microorganisms
- The diameter of the pores rages from 60 to 300um which is very close to the pores of loose soil. Its space structure is optimal for microorganisms' colonization and growth
- The multi-porous structure provides a 6-8 times larger surface compared to other ordinary bio-rings. The high adhesion density of microorganisms contributes to the best filtering effect
- Functioning with physical filtration materials that can prolong its life of durability
- Best for a great variety of filtration systems such as trickle, canister and top filters